My friend and I were talking the other day about a book she has been reading about relationships called the Five Languages of Love. In the book, the concept of a "Love Tank" is brought up and how to keep that tank full.

Image via Car Chat
Quality time is hard when you both work full time jobs. To top it off Mr. PF coaches football and is gone a lot. The only time we really get to see each other is in the mornings, and I'll be honest, Im not the most exciting person at 6AM. So, I have been looking for ways to keep our love tank full when I feel like it's starting to get low.
We have been trying to implement date nights on Sundays (his only day off) but a lot of times we are both so tired from the week that we end up not going. Also, Mr. PF likes to watch football on Sundays and planning a date around that can get tricky as well.
I have also tried leaving little love notes around the house for him to discover at random times, but I guess my hiding spots were too good cause he hasn't found any yet.
How do you keep your love tank full on a busy schedule? Have you ever read The Five Languages of Love?
I haven't read the book but Mr. Dual Coast and I try to do little things together when we can. Sometimes we'll meet for lunch or have a date night at home with board games and cocktails. I always feel happier when we find time for each other! Good luck getting through football season.
ReplyDelete