fans

Monday, February 6, 2012

Gifting the Parents

On the cheap, of course. If you haven't noticed by now, I like gifting things that look really awesome, but don't cost a lot of money.

Gifting our parents was something that I totally overlooked until someone told me I was supposed to. And why not, really? They are the reason this whole shindig is happening. The best part about it is I don't think they will be expecting anything, so they will be surprised. Hopefully my mom isn't reading this right now...If you are, stop reading please :)

I went to my one-stop shop to check out some popular gifts for the parents. Etsy. It's not always the cheapest place, but there is some really nice stuff that's meaningful too.

So, I'll start with dad. I found these awesome cufflinks that brought a tear to my eye.

Photo via Etsy store White Ruffle

The other thing I found for Papa PF is this sweet hanky. I plan on giving this to him right after we walk down the aisle together and before he takes his seat.

Photo via Etsy store MisterandMrs.

If you can't quite read the writing it says

"Of all the walks we have taken together,
this one is my favorite.
As the first man I have ever loved,
when you give me away
know I will always be your little girl."

For mom, I am getting her a spa day at a local spa. I know its something she enjoys and also something she would never buy for herself.


I am also presenting my mom with my bouquet at the wedding instead of tossing it to my single friends.

For Mr. PF's mom and dad I am getting them personalized hankies. If you haven't figured it out yet, hankies are kind of a theme at our wedding.

Picture via Etsy store MisterandMrs.

Hopefully these gifts will be something that our parents will cherish for a long time and lovingly think of our wedding when they see them. I am still thinking of getting alittle something more for my mom, do y'all have any great ideas?

What kind of gifts are you giving your parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...