fans

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

super-cool guest book ideas



Let's be honest, guest books are boring. Half the time I forget to sign the darn thing anyways. I have seen so many unique alternatives to having a guest book that totally rock my socks off.

This first option is one of my favorites. I know for sure I want to have one of these puppies at my wedding. It's called Happily Ever Afterwards, you can buy it here.



Basically, your friends and family write you a loving note and they are designated an anniversary year. Then, on each anniversary, the bride and groom open a letter and read it! I love the thought of carrying the memories and emotion of your wedding day throughout your marriage. I think it will be so fun to read all the loving words from of friends and family.

Another idea I love is the wishing tree.
Image via Our Labor of Love

It's essentially the same as the neat-o memory box except there is no element of surprise and it doesn't carry on through each anniversary. I really like the idea of putting the notes from the wishing tree in a scrapbook or photo book of the wedding day. It totally beats a book that's tucked away in a drawer that you will never look at again!


The next idea is a postcard guest book.

Image via Stylemepretty/ Photo by Nate Broshot

Have a bunch of postcards set out for guests to sign. Have them write you funny, heartfelt or sweet note and then drop them in a box. Then put stamps on all of the postcards (without reading them, of course) and give them to someone you trust to put them in the mailbox 2 or 3 at a time throughout your first year of marriage!

Did you do anything special for guest book? or is it sitting in a drawer somewhere? :D

4 comments:

  1. We're just doing an engagement picture photo guest book. I wanted to do a photobooth guest book, but our budget didn't allow for it. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit that I haven't thought twice about my guest book yet... but I'd love to do a creative keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these! And we're doing either a photo guestbook or a signature mat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo guest book idea. I think people will have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...