Bees, this is something that I had never put two seconds of thought into, and never thought I would have to. My mom came to me last night and talked to me about the idea of signing a pre-nup with Mr.PF. Her reasoning is totally rational and I totally get it. My parents own a lot of property and rental buildings and they want to make sure that if anything were to happen between Mr. PF and I, my assets would be protected.
I have always been one of those people who would say "Why even get married if you are signing a piece of paper for when it all goes wrong?"And now, I am stuck in a situation where I am faced with this question myself. So after talking with Mom about it, I may have told her I would talk to Mr. PF about it soon.
How do I ask Mr. PF to sign something that states who will get what if something goes wrong between us? I honestly don't know how he is going to take this suggestion. I don't know if he will get offended or upset, or maybe he won't care at all! In my heart of hearts, I am marrying Mr. PF because I love him and I would hope that we would be together forever. In the real world, I know things can go wrong.
So bees, I am coming to you with the hopes that someone can give me some awesome advice as to how I should handle this situation. Have you ever had to deal with talking about a pre-nup? How did you handle it?

check out my two post on this:
ReplyDeletehttp://champagnebride.blogspot.com/2011/05/prenuptial-agreement-update.html
http://champagnebride.blogspot.com/2011/04/prenuptial-agreement.html
that is hard but you should research about it first.. so any assets that is inheritance.. as long as u dont use /touch it for your household.. will just be yours... and if that is the case u may not need a prenup.. ok but check with a lawyer first.. i am not one :)